Friday 19 November 2010

Social Network High School Musical

Not much dedication over the last 48 hours, eh, Blogopians? In fact, I've been up all night (its now six minutes past six) and the only reason I'm posting is because my dog is staring at me as if to say, "We're both up at an ungodly hour. But then, I'm a dog, what's your excuse?"

So, after I wrote by vitriolic, but essentially light hearted take on the Beatle's migration to iTunes, my buddy Jonny wrote a proper, well reasoned one. He's still wrong, of course, but maybe you should check out his blog or whatever. Or dont. Actually, stay here. I've got something for you.

So MySpace and Facebook are finally getting together, eh? I always knew they would; they have so much in common! See, MySpace used to be so popular, a little too popular, some might've said. But then she got lots of famous friends, sort've lost touch with her fanbase, I suppose. Then the new kid Facebook (I think he was a college student) shows up and MySpace can't handle the pressure, loses a lot of her friends, gets kinda fat and goes underground. You know Facebook though, he's pretty easy going, into everything; you can't really stay angry at him for what he did to her. But doesn't it seem like he knows EVERYONE nowadays? And I think he spends too much time on that farm of his. Still, after a rocky few years, things seem to be looking up for MySpace, especially now her and Facebook aren't competing anymore. She's continued on with her music; she was always pretty good at that, finding new and homegrown talent. I think that's what Facebook sees in her, since they're calling their little relationship Mashup. I wish the happy couple all the best of luck. Unlike that creepy kid who's always lurking around in their shadow. Ping, I think his name is? He's got a rich uncle Steve who got us all excited about him coming, but so far, he's just a little bit dull. Always eating an apple too...

It's my friend Mary's birthday today too. She's over in San Francisco right now, struggling to pay the rent. Its pretty Bohemian, so I'm told. Anyway, she has some really cool ideas about Post Colonial Literature, and I hope she writes them down soon so I can share them with you. Until then, we'll just have to wish her happy birthday. As a struggling artist myself, I decided not to buy into the corporate fascist social contract of gift buying; instead, I wrote her a novelty birthday song-  I might even post it on Bloggie later, who knows?!

Right, its getting light outside. That can only mean that my skin will start to sparkle soon, so I'd best get my head down for a few hours. I promise I'll be back again soon though. I'm just no good without you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment